Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Power Of Leverage In Network Marketing

Are you a workaholic? I know I have been accused of this by insensitive friends and family that didn't understand my burning desires and relentless need for forward momentum. But even a workaholic can only put in so many hours per day. Let's see... there are 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year. That's a max of 8760 hours. No sleep, no pottie breaks, no drive time. Maximum 8760 hours. (There were years when I think I came close to that number).

Now, I bet you could get a lot accomplished in 8760 hours. In fact, I would guarantee it. Your performance might be suffering a tad with no sleep though. Okay, just so we are clear... 1 person, working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 52 weeks = 8760 man hours of effort into building your business.

Let's take a look at leveraging the Network Marketing model. I invest my time and energy into building a business that contains 10 people. I continue to invest my time and energy into training those people so they become actual business owners for themselves and do the same thing. It's in their best interest to continue the trend as we will see in just one minute. So, 10 people, train 10 more people each.... that's 100 people. If each of those 100 people ONLY put in 30 minutes a day, how many man hours could have been funneled into my business success? Care to guess? 18,250 man hours.

Yep, you read that right. 30 minutes a day from each person in my down line gives me 18,250 man hours invested into my business. That's 200+% more than if I worked 24/7 all year long. And that's if the 10 people I worked with initially only work with 10 each and then everyone stops what they are doing.

Just for grins, let's do the math if I had 2000 people in my down line. 2000 people, 30 minutes a day = 365,000 man hours. It would take me 41.6 years of working 24/7 to put in the same number of hours. This is one of the strongest examples of leveraging I have seen in a while. And here is the best part... those hours all spent in my business, ALSO help each of the people in my down line with their business. Again, leverage.

I gave up trading time for money back in 1991 because it is so inefficient. The wealthy know this lesson already and make the most of it everyday. Put the power of "leverage" into building your business with network marketing and watch it grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cenay;
This is an excellent article to get the point across about leveraging time.
I incorporate this concept in to my presentation and trainings and it is the reason I was so astounded to learn about the 3X8 forced matrix in Nussentials.
I also pound home the need to STAY QUALIFIED to all my reps. I also get a committment to stay with it and TO STAY QUALIFIED for a minimum of TWO years. If they haven't hit the upper levels by then, they are still earning a few thousand a month for the rest of their lives. Even if you are not a monster marketer who is a natural superstar, there WILL be people in your downline who are naturals, who bring in thousands of people that you will get paid for. You just have to stay in the game. Keep your website going (besides, it does most of the work for you!!!), keep your minimum customer points and get a few people to do the same. Once you get people in your downline, STAY with them until they get a few. Then stay with those people until they get a few. If you will do this PART TIME for a year or two, and TEACH ALL IN YOUR downline to do the same simple steps, you will get paid for the rest of your life. You MUST grow your roots strong and deep from the very beginning and keep fertilizing it. Make sure that everyone is committed to the same thing: staying qualified each and every month, and working with those people in your downline to do the same thing. Especially if your goal, like mine, is to work 5 years as hard and as fast as you can, then go to half speed the next 5 years and then retire to a mountain (or island) somewhere and enjoy your kids, grandkids, or maybe just your fish.
Don't get caught up in the quick money..it is awesome and helps with gas and groceries, but the REAL future and wealth is in the residuals and the numbers of people you have staying qualified and helping each other. Good luck and God Bless.